Founded in 1901 in Mart, Texas, the bank has a long and successful history of providing banking services to the residents and businesses of Central Texas.
Originally chartered as the First National Bank of Mart, the bank primarily served the agricultural community and merchants of Mart and eastern McLennan County.
After successfully serving the area for over ninety-four years, the bank leadership and ownership changed in 1995 under the direction of current CEO and Chairman of the Board Monte Hulse.
A new building at 1835 N. Valley Mills Drive and a seasoned management team quickly triggered dynamic growth for the bank. It became apparent that more locations would be needed to properly serve the Central Texas market. In 2002, another bank was acquired in Hillsboro to serve our good neighbors to the north. By 2004, we recognized that the rapidly growing China Spring area was in need of banking services and this soon became location number four.
This new structure was opened in February of 2009, at the corner of Texas Central Parkway and Highway 84. Located on the edge of a large industrial district and convenient to several new, upscale housing developments, the Woodway-Hewitt Banking Center has experienced phenomenal growth in a short period of time.
The First National Bank of Central Texas, with over one hundred employees, and an asset size of over $750,000,000 is poised for continual growth, great customer service, and fulfilling our mission of helping Central Texas grow and prosper.